There is an overall process for every real estate transaction.
We wanted to provide you a snapshot of this by breaking up the process into a series of steps. Our method typically takes 12 primary steps essential to get from “list to sold.” Here are the first half of our steps that are focused on bringing your home to the market.
- Decide to sell your home – make sure you are ready both financially and emotionally. We recommend using pro/con lists to determine if you are prepared. If so, then visit with a lender to get prequalified if you intend to buy a home after selling.
- Host realtor consultations –There’s no commitment required on your part for the initial meeting. It will be educational and help you identify your next steps in the selling process. You can discuss your options with your real estate professionals and select the best real estate agent for you.
- Establish a price – Your selected real estate professional will provide a market analysis that will help determine the best asking price for your listing. Using this information, you can land on an agreed price with your realtor.
- Prepare your home – View your home through the eyes of the buyer and ask yourself what you’d expect. We recommend removing personal items to help buyers picture themselves in the house. Also, we recommend putting any valuables you don’t want easily accessible into a safe after your home is outfitted for showings and ready to list; your real estate professional will set up a time for pictures and videos to use for marketing.
- List it for sale – When everything is in place, we’ll put your home on the market. It would be best if you made it as easy as possible for potential buyers to view your home, whether in person or virtual showings.
- Showings – Potential buyers may ask to see your home on short notice. It is best if you can accommodate these requests. If a showing is scheduled, it is advised not to be present. This allows buyers the space to ask questions and walk around and privately assess the property.
Are you ready to put your home on the market? If so, give us a call at 307-635-0303.