The power of curb appeal goes beyond words, it is a feeling.
Have you ever had a moment when you pulled up to property, you instantly know it is your home. There is a wave of emotion and it is all because the face of the home speaks volumes. That’s exactly what happened to me when we found the home we’ve lived in now for almost 16 years! We hadn’t even gone inside yet and I told my husband, “I’m going to live in this house!”
Curb appeal matters and it sets the tone for a buyer’s experience. Take the time to make them feel welcome. Five ways to improve our curb appeal within minutes:
- Cleanup the yard – Take the time to mow your yard, pull weeds and cleanup the yard.
- Add some color – Whether you add it with flowers or you add a yard gnome, color catches eyes and you want to capture the attention of buyers.
- Light it up – During the evening hours you still want your home to look welcoming. This can be done with the simple addition of outdoor lighting from ones you can stake into the ground paving the walkway to adding a light near your door, you can light it up.
- Wash Windows & Walkways – Go that extra step to make the windows nice and clear, this will also add extra natural light into your home when they enter. By washing the walkway too you can make the entrance of your home more welcoming and fresh.
- Gut Those Gutters – You don’t want them driving up and seeing leaves hanging out of your gutters. Get rid of the excess leaves and make it all look like-new.
Don’t forget the backyard too! Be sure to look around your entire house to pick up any trash that blew in over the winter, mow the yard, trim your trees and pull weeds. Here’s an example of a beautiful backyard in one of our listings which happens to be, RE/MAX real estate agent, Larry Gardner’s home.
Are you ready for a new yard and new home? Connect with us today at 307-635-0303 or online.