Cheyenne’s weather forecast is calling for chilled winter weather ahead.
RE/MAX Capitol Properties would like to help you prepare for the cold months ahead. Winterizing is important and you want to do it now when there are still some sun-shining days.
- Be prepared and know the location of your water shut-off valve and test it regularly.
- Insulate pipes that may be vulnerable to the cold or have caused problems before.
- Blow out your sprinkler system to avoid cracks and leaks. Turn off the water to your sprinkler system, drain valves and use compressed air to blow out the remaining water in your sprinkler system.
- Disconnect, drain and store all garden hoses.
- Drain outdoor faucets and exposed pipes.
If you need assistance locating the main water valve or shutting off water to a building, call the Water Department at 307-637-6471.