It is important to mix and match your decor when staging a home for sale.
Especially when the home isn’t directly linked to a certain lifestyle. Primarily because not all homes are cabins that can be easily adorned with logs or a beach front property that can have a seashell themed space. When in Cheyenne sellers are catering to a variety of buyers, from an array of backgrounds.
To overcome this obstacle when decorating or using your current furnishings, pair old items with new ones. It helps to balance the experience for your buyers. It ultimately helps them to picture themselves in the home.
Tips for Mixing Old and New Elements
First take a walk through your home to see what you can use to stage your home by mixing old and new items.
- Put a modern bench under a desk
- Use a fancy mirror
- If your dining room has a crystal chandelier add some antique silver
- Your rustic dining might work beautifully with your modern stools
- Cover an old chair with modern fabric or slip cover
- An antique with modern art over it
- Antique table with a 70s lamp
- Use your fireplace mantel for an antique piece
- Create a reading area with old and new books
Just a few ideas to help you when it is time to stage your house for sale. You’ll get more money from the sale of your home if you invest your time to make it look great to the potential buyers that walk through and to those who see pictures online. Ready to sell your home? Connect with us today online or call 307-635-0303.