Skip To Content

Military Permanent Change of Station

John and Tammy Facemire 2

One thing that is typically guaranteed when joining active duty is that you will most likely move. Here is some insight from  veteran and now Cheyenne WY Realtor, John Facemire, on what this could mean for you.

Dislocation Allowance

Military members may be entitled to a Dislocation Allowance (DLA) when relocating their household due to a PCS. DLA is intended to partially reimburse relocation expenses not otherwise reimbursed. DLA amounts vary by rank and dependency status.

The purpose of Dislocation Allowance (DLA) is to partially reimburse a servicemember, with or without dependents, for the expenses incurred in relocating the member’s household on a PCS, housing moves ordered for the Government’s convenience, or incident to an evacuation. This allowance is in addition to all other allowances authorized in this Volume and may be paid in advance.

House Hunting Prior to a Move

A few months before you are to move to your next duty station, military members are allowed a permissive TDY (Temporary Duty) for up to 10 days in conjunction with a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move between and within the 50 states & District of Columbia. You must travel and stay in temporary lodging on your own dime (no transportation or per diem paid), but you will not be charged for up to 10 days leave.

You can select when you prefer to take these 10 extra days of leave. You can choose to travel months in advance of your PCS move and see the local options for living arrangements, or you can take the extra 10 days of house hunting leave and take your normal leave as you make this transition. However, if you are still living in the barracks, dorms, or on ship, you cannot take house hunting leave.

Are you a veteran relocating to Cheyenne WY?

John and Tammy Facemire

Give John Facemire, CMSgt (ret), a call today. His experience and guidance will make the transition much smoother for you and your family. He knows the ins and outs of military moves after serving our country for 34 years. Call John at 307-631-1121 or connect with him online. John teams up with his wife, Tammy Facemire, who is also a veteran. John and Tammy specialize in residential home sales, townhomes, land, and new construction.


Search homes for sale in Cheyenne WY RE/MAX Capitol Properties

Trackback from your site.

2 Responses to “Military Permanent Change of Station”

Leave a Reply