Skip To Content

Military Permanent Change of Station

pcsing John Facemire RE/MAX Capitol Properties Cheyenne WY

PCS’ing is an exciting and also stressful time in service members career.

John had eight assignments during his military career and each one was different.  He said, when you have a family the unknown of where you will live and what schools are in the area are always in your thoughts.  If you are planning to purchase a home, a Cheyenne REALTOR would be a great asset to assist with the transition and answer any questions you may have.

Understanding your allowances and entitlements will also be beneficial during your move.  John shared these terms and opportunities that were important to him.

The first one is Basic Allowance Housing.

Make sure to look at BAH rates for the location where you are going to be assigned.  These rates change based on location and can be higher or lower depending on where you move from or to.

During this time another important one is Permissive Temporary Duty (PTDY) House Hunting this can be done prior to your move or after you arrive at your new duty location. It’s for up to 10 days to allow for you to secure housing.

The next one is Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE)

TLE is an allowance given to partially offset lodging and meal expenses when a member and/or dependents need to occupy temporary lodging in connection with a PCS. The member receives reimbursement for up to 10 days.

If the member is moving from one base to another, they are authorized up to 10 days TLE, either at the losing duty station or at the new duty station.

Lastly Dislocation Allowance

Military members may be entitled to a Dislocation Allowance (DLA) when relocating their household due to a PCS. DLA is intended to partially reimburse relocation expenses not otherwise reimbursed.  DLA amounts vary by rank and dependency status.

As a real estate agent, John can assist you here in the Cheyenne and Laramie County area as well as reach out across the country to find you a REALTOR to assist you at your next assignment. Connect with John today at 307-631-1121 or online.

Search homes for sale in Cheyenne WY RE/MAX Capitol Properties

Trackback from your site.

Leave a Reply