Laramie County and Cheyenne were formed the day the military base was made by Crow Creek.
We are a community that is heavily supported by the military. In addition, as real estate professionals, we frequently assist military families with finding their perfect homes while in the area stationed here. The families of active duty military servicemen and women sacrifice so much, especially when their spouses are deployed. That is why we wanted to pause to spread the word about the National Day of Deployed. Here are ways you can get involved:
- Touch base with a deployed service member/family that you know and say hello. With the holidays coming up, find out what they have planned and welcome them to your home if they can’t spend it with their loved ones.
- Create and send care packages to deployed troops (or donate money to the cause)
- Partner with or donate to Soldiers’ Angels, a program that provides aid, comfort, and resources to the military, veterans, and their families
- Display a yellow ribbon meant to indicate remembrance of those who serve far from home. Take it a step further and supply them to others and have them begin hanging them on Oct. 26th to celebrate National Day of Deployed.
- Reach out and volunteer, or consider donating to a military organization. Cheyenne has a variety of great ones who focus on local military, but there are a lot of National ones too.
- Use the hashtag #DayOfTheDeployed on social media on October 26th to raise awareness and encourage others to show support. In your post, consider recognizing service women and men who you know that have endured deployments.
- Take care of a deployed family in other ways, by lending a hand around the house, delivering groceries, offering to babysit, or treating the present parent to a spa day
There are so many beautiful ways you can celebrate; the most significant part is simply taking action and doing something for those who have done so much for our Country and us.
If you have plans on how you will celebrate National Day of the Deployed and it isn’t listed as one of our options, we’d love to hear from you! We know you have a choice, and we are honored you select RE/MAX Capitol Properties Real Estate Professionals. Also, if you are a military family we have worked with or are currently working with, thank you for your business.