Want to make sure your house is fully marketable? Before you call me to list your property, consider a few of these tips for selling your home ahead of time to ensure that it will sell quickly and for the most money.
- Paint – not everybody likes pink, purple, green, or chartreuse colored walls in the bedroom or the living room.A paintbrush and a couple of cans of neutral colors will help your home have a fresh new smell and will not leave potential buyers turned off. If you really want to step up your game, then make one wall an accent color.
- Yard – mow the grass, trim the hedges, pick up trash and any presents your furbabies have left around the property.This also shows potential buyers that you take pride in your house and you want it to be their next home.
- Inspections – Personally, I believe this is a worthwhile investment to pay so you know what you can expect needs to be taken care of or that will be asked for in repairs by the buyer. $85 to an electrical company, $80 to a plumbing company, and a free roof inspection can make a nice addition to a portfolio that we would put together to sell your home in the least amount of time possible.
- Operation manuals – Try to find any and all manuals for: heating system, cooling system, appliances, sprinkler system, garage door opener, and most importantly, the secret handshake needed for children to get into the backyard club.
- List the Quirks – Seriously, EVERY house has its own set of quirks.It is frustrating for an agent to get a call 1 day, 1 week, or 1 month later from the new owner asking how in the world the flim-flamjanger fits into the snozwoozle contraption, or which way you need to stick out your tongue in order to get the doohickey-doo to work correctly on any day ending in a “y.” Take the time to write down a brief list of all the things you wish you would have known how to operate.
- Meet-up – Consider meeting the new buyers once an offer has been accepted.You are proud of your home and you will want to know that the new buyers are prepared to make lots of memories of their own. You could even make a list of the neighbors that you know and maybe even introduce them to each other. Score big points for you!
- Clean – This one is important. It is embarrassing when an agent receives keys to a house at the closing table, and the house is dirty.A little bit at a time will make the house very presentable and your buyers will have little to no complaints. After all, Cheyenne is not a big town and I am sure at some point that you may run into your sellers or your buyers. First impressions can be lasting impressions.
Are you ready to sell your house in Cheyenne WY? Give me a call to get started 307-286-0396 or connect with me online. Homes are selling fast in Cheyenne. Our office averaged 28 days on the market for our listings in 2018!