Owning a home is considered part of the American Dream, you know the house with the white picket fence.
Whatever your picture is of owning your own home or your personal “why” of wanting homeownership, it is up to you! I bought my first townhome when I was 21. Why? Because a friend of mine got her real estate license and she convinced me to go for it! I’m so glad she did! Recently one of my kid’s friends asked me why owning a home is important to me. So, I rattled off these thoughts!
Top 10 coolest things about owning your own home.
- Security – Owning a home gives me a sense of security, knowing I have a place to call home.
- Equity – I know each month when I make my monthly mortgage payment I am investing in my future.
- Stability – I can count on my monthly payment to remain stable for the next 20-30 years, depending on the length of my loan, insurance and taxes are the only fluctuating amounts.
- Investing – Much better to make my own payment than to pay someone else’s mortgage payment when I was renting.
- Maintenance – I’m in control of what I fix in my home rather than waiting for a landlord.
- Remodeling – If I choose to put money into my kitchen or bathroom, I’m adding value to my home for future resale value.
- Yard – I can make my yard beautiful with a nice lawn, flowers, trees, rocks and fencing.
- Garage – Once I could park in a garage it was the greatest day, no more scraping my windows in the winter.
- Entertaining – I am able to organize my kitchen and patio for entertaining.
- Fido – And, my very favorite thing about owning my first home, no more pet deposits!
If you are a first-time home buyer and ready to make the jump into homeownership, then I say go for it. You’re worth it! Call us at 307-635-0303 to schedule an appointment with a RE/MAX agent, we will guide you through the home buying process every step of the way.